Gfx 50r in 2022/2023

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nemendes Forum Member • Posts: 93
Gfx 50r in 2022/2023

Hi Everyone!

As an user of Fujifilm-X System for years, i want to switch to GFX system. For that i need your user opinions about gf cameras and lenses a little.

For a first try, i wanna buy gfx 50r for a really good price. I know that there are recent and better options like gfx100s and gfx50s ii but they are more expensive than gfx 50r.

What do you think about gfx 50r? I mean, it has older sensor and system but does it give medium format taste anyway? How does its dynamic range compare to full formats like nikon z7 ii, canon r5 and etc.?

For a lens, i am planning to use gf 35-70 kit lens as first and for low light conditions, gf 45 or gf 63mm. What do you think about these lenses, expecially kit one? Is it worth to buy for a general purpose to get medium format view? I am shooting street, landcapes and portrait sometimes, so really fast autofocus is not an obligatory but i would like to see good performance anyway. I heard that almost all lenses of gfx system are sharp and solid, but i wanted to hear your experinces as well. Because of being not heavy, i wanna use 35-70mm but if it is really not worth at it, i can think about buying another zoom lens according to your suggestions.

Or, do you tell me that gfx 50r is nonsense, better get full frame? If so, although i love fujifilm ecosystem, i would go for an another brand to get full frame camera.

Thank you in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow