Small birds in grey November

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
philzucker
philzucker Forum Pro • Posts: 10,204
Small birds in grey November

There definitely isn't any good light too have end of November right here now in Germany where I live. They sky is constantly grey, the light levels are muted and so are the colors. But in spite of that yesterday I enjoyed sitting at my living room window and looking at common small birds foraging around in our garden, attracted especially of course by our bird feeder and birdhouse offering plenty of tasty seeds.

This is what got in a shooting session the lasted about one hour.

A male chaffinch looking carefully around:

A more daring female chaffinch boldly going for the seeds!

A somewhat ruffled great tit resting behind the feeder:

Probably ruffled because - let's face it! - cracking those seeds is real work, as you can see with this other (albeit a bit more groomed) great tit, laboring away sitting at the birdhouse. Composite, best seen at 100%:

An elegant robin, looking alert, also at the birdhouse:

A blue tit, hiding behind some branches:

Another one - but at what is it peering downwards, perched on the feeder?

Probably at this chaffinch, who does what it's best at: foraging around the ground, and picking up some spilled seeds:

It seems quite satisfied after its meal. And so with this last, IMO quite beautiful portrait of it my little series end:

All taken with Sony a6600 with SEL200-600, at or around 600mm. Cropped (usually not too much) and PP'ed to taste. EXIF should be intact.

Enjoy!

Phil

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow