Assigning single AF target mode to button on om-1

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hobbzz Forum Member • Posts: 60
Assigning single AF target mode to button on om-1

Got my OM-1 today and I'm trying to play around with it. What I'd like to do and haven't been able to figure out yet is to assign the single point Af target mode to the AF-ON button on the back of the body so if I see a bird buried in some brush I can switch from whatever AF mode I'm currently in to single point, and focus on it that way.

I come from Nikon and Canon so I might not be explaining it correctly in the OM world. With those systems you could set up your shutter button to AF/AE ON + whatever focus mode you wanted, and you could do the same thing for multiple buttons on the back as well. So for instance on my R5 I can have the shutter button set to start focusing and metering with face tracking (set to animals for me). Then I could set a button on the back to any other AF mode + AF start and metering start, and if I held that button on the back while pressing the shutter half way, whatever focus mode the back button was set to would override the shutter buttons default AF mode. So you could press only the shutter and get face tracking+subject recognition, but hold the AF-ON button + the shutter and revert to say, single point, as long as the AF-ON button was being held down.

Any way to replicate that with the OM-1? Thanks!

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow