Motion and color experiment

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
dartymix1
dartymix1 Regular Member • Posts: 293
Motion and color experiment

We were in Acadia NP in late September and had my tripod and was trying to take photos of the water going over the rocks at a slow shutter speed as I have seen others do (I know everyone doesn't like the smooth water look, but I do for some photos). It was kind of overcast so when i was processing them they looked a little drab. So, I tried lightening the rocks and punching up the colors a bit (or more) in post processing. I shot too wide and so there was too much calm water and ended up with some long thin crops, so I will try to get just the motion in the photo next time. These are not supposed to be photos of what I saw, more like a surreal image that  I wanted to create.  Here are a few of them-in most cases, they are the same rocks.  If anyone else has tried this please post.

dartymix1's gear list:dartymix1's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow