Canon Pro 1000 vs Epson ET-8550

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Seys Forum Member • Posts: 55
Canon Pro 1000 vs Epson ET-8550

First off, I have several large format 24" and 44" Epson printers (7600, 7880 and 9880).

I reproduce my own artwork, usually on canvas.

I do want a new printer though to make smaller prints that I mount and frame.  I am mainly a wildlife artist and make my own rustic frames which compliment my paintings.

With the current sales going on right now, I'm looking at the Epson ET-8550 and Canon Pro 1000.  Yes I know one is dye and the other pigment.  I'm mainly wondering how the limited ink colors in the Epson compares to the Canon.

For the intended use I have in mind, I would be switching immediately to a 3rd party ink.  I don't need these to last 200 years.  Heck, if they last 20 years before fading I would be thrilled.  So maybe even the Canon Pro 100 will suffice, it's just that the 1000 is on sale near me right now.

Any noticeable differences in prints between these two (or three) printers from someone with experience using both?

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow