GFX 50R IR with Swebo TC-1

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimKasson
MOD JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 41,696
GFX 50R IR with Swebo TC-1

We had a little weather yesterday, so I mounted a 720nm IR-modded GFX 50R on the back of the Swebo TC-1, a Rodenstock 180mm f/5.6 HR Digaron on the front of the TC-1, a 950 nm filter on the front of the Rodie, and made some images. This one was made at sunset, with no local corrections in Lightroom, and the lens set to f/6.3.

Not the most esthetic image, but a good one for looking at how well the lens and sensor are playing together. Sharpening was Lr's default, which I consider too much, but if you're going to judge sharpness versus other lenses, it's probably best to use a standard kernel.

In spite of the wavelength range, except for a few places where the atmospheric  thermal effects had their way with the image (notice the double tree branches in a few places) the image appears quite sharp to me. This gives me some confidence in my ability to align the TC-1 in this situation. Also note how well the Rodie covers.

I'll post a few more aesthetic images later.

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Leica Q2 Monochrom Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Nikon Z9 Hasselblad X2D 100c +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow