Z 24-120 for portrait work?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,770
Z 24-120 for portrait work?

Anyone on here using their 24-120 for portrait work?

Since I'm finding myself mostly shooting at 5.6 when doing any work relating to portraits or model photography, I'm starting to wonder a bit if I even need my 24-70 now since i have the 24-120. Portrait/model photography (all non-professional, non paid work in most cases) only amounts to maybe 20% of my total shooting, perhaps less than that, and most of my shooting is landscapes and travel, which the 24-120 is more than plenty. Was considering maybe selling the 24-70 and just pocketing the cash. (I paid about $2000 for it 2 years ago, and once the current sales end, I could probably sell it for that or $1900 used once the new price goes back up to $2400).

Long story short, I've been using the 24-70 less and less these days.  I don't carry it on hikes since the 24-120 is more convenient and lighter, and I am using the 24-200 a bit more when I need more zoom range and am not as concerned with aperture range, so the 24-70 has been sitting around lately not getting much use.

-- hide signature --

NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread/article..

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow