A challenge: remaping pixels in my new (old) Nikon D3000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fpandrade New Member • Posts: 10
A challenge: remaping pixels in my new (old) Nikon D3000

Hello Photo friends!

I'm an enthusiast of technology and video/photography.
I own a (now old) Canon 40D camera wich I bought new. I have an Canon G16 also. So I'm basically a Canon user.
For all these years I have shoot very beautyful photos with these cameras, but I actually have not much money to buy new ones these days.
Last week a neighbor offered a Nikon D3000 camera for a very good price. I know this is an old camera and also an entry level serie, but I could not help me from buying it.
I got this camera, which is in very good condition (the old owner was taken about 300 photos with it) and started shooting.
Very good quality for an entry level and it has an mirror/shutter sound that I love. I know this is not a technical quality, but I really love the sound of shooting with this small Nikon camera.
That said, the only problem I noticed was stuck/hot pixels (all colors) all over the image. Starting with ISO 200 but a lot worse in higher ISOs. I can manage to remove these Pixels using "Astro noise reduction" in NX Studio or some programs like PixelFixer, but I have to shot RAW to get this to work. If I shoot JPEG I will end spending a couple of minutes using any tool to remove those bright spots.
So, I started looking for some way to force the camera to remap those pixels (as I believe most of modern DSLRs should do automatically). I tested every procedure I found in old forums without any success.
I also searched for any firmware upgrades for this camera, but there is no one.
Maybe any independent developer tried to force the remap? No... I didn't have success with this too.
The conclusion for me was: Nikon was made a good entry level product, but they throw the project away, letting the users of this model without any solution but bying a new one. This is a shame, Nikon!
As the threads about this product are now old, I decided to try a last thing: write down this forum to see if anyone (maybe a former Nikon service employee) has any service program or procedure to effectivelly remap those pixels to let the device produce good JPEG images.
Thank you to read until this point. I hope there is any ideas. I really love this device and don't want this to ending being just another tech trash.
Thank you all!

Canon EOS 40D Nikon D3000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow