GF 20-35mm first impressions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
unners Regular Member • Posts: 142
GF 20-35mm first impressions

Picked up this lens today and I'm extremely impressed.  It's the wide angle solution I've been looking for after trying the GF 23 and GF30 along with the Canon 16-35mm f2.8 iii with a Fringer adapter.

Quick test shots show great corner sharpness at all (f4 to f8 anyway) apertures and all focal lengths.  Build quality is top notch and zoom and focus rings have a great feel.  I've possibly got a case of first-day excitement but I haven't been this impressed with a wide angle zoom since I tried the Sigma 14-24mm DG DN on my A7RIV.

Short on shooting time at the moment sadly but I'll try and post a more detailed comparison with the Canon 16-35mm as well as the GF23, 30 and 35-70mm lenses.

Samples below are all wide open, with default C1 sharpening (no output sharpening) and lens profiles turned on (distortion and vignetting).

20mm f4, focus on lower right window.  Don't judge for distortion, it's a wobbly house!

23mm f4

30mm f4

35mm f4

20mm f4 focus bottom right corner

20mm f4 center focus

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow