Nikon D780 or Z6II for sports photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Askaman Forum Member • Posts: 74
Nikon D780 or Z6II for sports photography

Hello!

I have been shooting professional sports for a while using an old nikon D750(which by the way is still an amazing camera and can produce superb pictures) but I am in need of a second body to complement my lenses.

For example when i am shooting rugby and football i rely heavily on my 300f4 but would love another body so i can mount my 70 200 on it for close action.

I have looked over various Nikon models and settled on two models:D780 and the Z6II

They are priced exactly the same in my country, the only extra cost being the FTZ adaptor.

The new camera, alongside my D750, will be used just as before for taking only professional sports photography(i have photographed WC rugby & handball qualifiers and games, EC handball & football qualifiers and games, national league basketball, football, football games, etc)

What i am mainly interested is AF performance in the above scenarios only(either day games where i presume there are no issues but also on poorly lit gyms where is no surprise to get your ISO up to 6400 for a decent shot)

I would really appreciate your input if:
*you used the two cameras in similar conditions
*you don't suggest other models. I appreciate the intention but I am focused on these two

Also, if you have experience with the old D750, I would love to hear your thoughts about how much of an improvement the new models bring when it comes strictly to photographing professional sports(buying another D750 is the last option on my list but is still an option)

Many thanks in advance!

Nikon D750 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kwe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow