Suggestions for OLY camera for a child interested in photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
talkin73 Regular Member • Posts: 245
Suggestions for OLY camera for a child interested in photography

I just picked up an OM-1 a few months ago and really enjoying it. My daughter is almost 12 and likes going out with me on early morning and other photo excursions. She'll pop right out of bed when I wake her at 4am to head out to drive out for a good sunrise shooting somewhere. Though she often uses my cell phone to take pics for 30-60 minutes and then reads next to me, she's been more interested in learning the camera. This was a fun shot of her on the sound side photographing a cypress tree in Duck, NC!

She is asking me for a camera and wants to share lenses with me. I bought the OM-1 kit with the 12-40 and 150-400 and then picked up an 8-25. I'm wondering what camera might be reasonably priced for a used version, compatible with my lenses, and have a menu system that would seem somewhat similar to the OM-1? My understanding is that the OM-1 menu system changed a fair amount from other previous models so perhaps such a camera does not exist, but thought I'd ask here.

If others have introduced their young ones to photography I'm also open to thoughts about what approach worked to help encourage their learning.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow