R7 question: Display settings?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,565
R7 question: Display settings?

Can't find info on this in the manual or anywhere, I thought I would ask here.

On my RP, the viewfinder and LCD will work together.  When I look through the viewfinder, I can move the focus point with my finger on the LCD screen.  When I am using the LCD screen and move my finger too close to the sensor on the eyepiece, the screen will go off and VF come on.  The sensor is a toggle, in other words.

The R7 has a sensor on the VF, but the LCD screen doesn't work when I am using the viewfinder, nor will the viewfinder work when the screen door is opened.  As far as I can determine the sensor (toggle) next to the VF doesn't do anything at all.

So is the LCD screen not used while looking through the viewfinder?  Moving the focus point around with the little nub with the wheel works better than the screen did, so I assume Canon just eliminated the touch screen option to move the focus point.  If so, what is the little sensor for on the viewfinder? Attached photo of the R7 viewfinder, sensor is on the right.  It does nothing, as far as I can tell.

Any info would be appreciated

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R7 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +9 more
Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow