Wanted to know about Canon's CarePAK PLUS

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bmninada Forum Member • Posts: 50
Wanted to know about Canon's CarePAK PLUS

Hello,

Recently bought a RF 24-105 f/4L and also a EF 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 lens and along with it took the 4 year for each lens: CarePAK PLUS.

Reading thru the materials available onsite I do understand within this time frame if even accidental damage happens I'm covered. I get all that. But most of the features in CarePAK Plus listed are skewed towards the camera body, i.e. sensor cleaning, etc. Also talks about once yearly cleaning service, etc. for the camera body.

What about lens? Can I avail the same, i.e. once annually I can send it in for professionally being cleaned? I ain't sure but probably it's a rudimentary clean of the exterior only. For a new lens - probably fine.

My bigger concern is - with a mirror-less setup (R6 M2) if I am noticing (for example) sharpness is NOT ideal, etc. can I avail the service? What if they, post receiving it, inform me there are NOT finding anything wrong with the lens and then I am charged $xx for wasting their time! I heard for mirror-less micro-adjustments are a thing of the past so asking specifically for R6 M2 *yet to receive, pre ordered*. Probably I'll need to send both the camera body and the lens?

Anyone here who has experience with this CarePAK PLUS service specifically for lens, would love to hear.

Thank you, in advance.

bmninada's gear list:bmninada's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +4 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow