Smallest SLR

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
verybiglebowski Veteran Member • Posts: 4,534
Re: Smallest SLR

Overrank wrote:

Just been listening to the Negative Positives podcast and they were discussing the Pentax Auto 110, and it made me wonder what the smallest 35mm (full frame) SLR with a lens is? The smallest Nikon is (AFAIK) the EM with the 45mm f/2.8 (or black Series E 50mm f/1.8 if you want a 50mm), but Im aware Nikons are not normally the smallest of cameras. Are there smaller SLR/lenses by other manufacturers ?

(*) The EM with 45mm f/2.8 is somewhere around 135mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 71mm(D) (maybe 65mm)

Within mechanical cameras, The Pentax MX with Pentax SMC 40/2.8 might be among smallest setups. It is just a bit smaller than Olympus OM-1 and co. with Oly 40/2.

When it comes to electronic SLR’s Pentax ME and ME super are quite small, smaller than MX. There were many “small” cameras in the 80’s and 90’ Cosina, Yashica and similar.

One of the smallest 35mm full frame camera is Minolta TC-1 but it has built in lens, not interchangeable.

Some AF cameras were quite small too, such as Minolta Dynax 5 and around. AF lenses were usually bigger though.

verybiglebowski's gear list:verybiglebowski's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow