Canon R6 Mark II vs Fuji XH2s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Illus Forum Member • Posts: 60
Canon R6 Mark II vs Fuji XH2s

Canon 550D was my first DSLR and loved it. But always wished I had full frame back then.

Had a Fuji XT2 at work a few years ago and loved the colors - although the AF caused so many misses. So many times I caught the perfect shot only for the AF to be unusable.

I had the XH2s for a couple weeks before sending it back because I thought I wanted an XT5. Now that I have an XT5 I realize I want the bigger grip of a XH body. Then I see the R6 Mark II is coming.

Also with all my cameras I keep thinking - you've had APSC for so many years now - why not get a full frame camera? You always liked Canon and plus all your stuff in is Lightroom Classic and Canon Raws are going to be better in LRC. Plus the Canon is going to have MUCH better AF.

But then I look at all the pics I've taken with the XT2, XH2s, and XT5 and you love love love skin tones and Astia Soft. Plus Fuji lenses are way lighter and more affordable - especially the 2.0 primes. The XH2s and the 23 f2 are going to be gold and the stacked sensor thing isn't something you completely understand but you know you want it.

Thoughts here? Advice? I'm leaning R6 for improved AF over XH2s and just ready to invest in Full Frame after all these years. I'm leaning XH2s for the gorgeous colors and film sims.

Illus's gear list:Illus's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow