What would you recommend for a good "All-Around" camera?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kelemvor Regular Member • Posts: 233
What would you recommend for a good "All-Around" camera?

HI,

I'm looking to get a new Canon camera and am just looking for advice on things I might be missing.

I'm looking for a camera that can perform well in all situations that a family might use.  Standard things like family photos, vacations, sporting events, wildlife, graduations, weddings, etc.  Basically I will only have one camera, other than my phone, so it needs to do well everywhere.

I don't need anything amazing, as I'm not a professional, but I want something that will last for many years.  I will be replacing my T1i and want the new one to last just as long.

I know mirrorless is taking over, and DSLRs are starting to be phased out, so I'm thinking I should go mirrorless now.

I looked at the M50 but it seems the M series was already killed off.

I looked at the R10, and am still looking at it, and it looks like an amazing upgrade, but it's a bit more than I'd like to spend.

I haven't looked much at used/refurbed cameras as there are so many, I don't really know where to start.  R, RP, etc.

So, I'm hoping some of you might throw out your recommendations one a camera if you could only buy one and had to stay under $1000 (or even under $750).

Let me know if I left anything out or if you have any suggestions, pros, cons, etc.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow