Hoping this saves you time if Lightroom does not support your raw files

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Solomon
Solomon Senior Member • Posts: 2,160
Hoping this saves you time if Lightroom does not support your raw files

I got an X-T3 and found that my editor of choice, Lightroom 5.7, does not support it’s raw files. Undaunted, I thought I just needed to change my workflow. PureRaw supported X-T3 RAF files, so as a temporary fix I ran my raw files through PureRaw. But, PureRaw is so S L O W and I didn’t need the heavy noise reduction that PureRaw does on most of my RAF files.

I tried many things, and got close to buying Capture One on Black Friday, but in the end I found a simple solution. Adobe makes a free DNG Converter that quickly converts any raw file into a DNG (And unlike Lightroom Adobe keeps the DNG Converter current). I pointed the DNG Converter to a folder named “Fujifilm Incoming.” I set Lightroom to pick up imports from that location and “Move” (It moves photos to the catalog location and automatically puts them in a dated subfolder). So “Fujifilm Incoming” stays empty except for brief periods when the DNG Converter is using it as a target for it’s DNG files.

It seems to be working fine, and this "old dog"  really didn't want to abandon Lightroom and learn Capture One.

Solomon's gear list:Solomon's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow