iPhone Shooter Buys a GFX 50s II

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GFXNoob New Member • Posts: 12
iPhone Shooter Buys a GFX 50s II

Queue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

As the title says: I'm a fool that had a fist full of cash. I had a few cameras over the years, but my primary device has been an iPhone. Please refrain from throwing rotting fruit and vegetables until the end.

The medium format attracted me because of its quality and ability to crop and print. I 100% got caught up in the "magic" of Medium Format thanks to a few overproduced Youtube videos (yep, I'm weak).

I was planning to have a few large prints done and thought the medium format would help me "fire and forget" (aka, crop and edit in post) without much pain, or at least that's the excuse I gave my partner.

I found the GFX 50s II on Amazon, found it an okay price, then called a friend. They're a photographer - meaning they understand cameras. I expected the call to end with "return the camera, keep shooting on iPhone." However, their favorite camera, which they "regret selling," is the GFX 50R. I did look and pine for the 50R, but I thought S II was the wiser decision between the price tag and older autofocus.

So why am I here? Asking for guidance. Was this a mistake or a good decision? Do you have any tips for a beginner? Further reading, required reading, etc.? Any help is much appreciated!

GFXNoob's gear list:GFXNoob's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S II Fujifilm GF 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow