Sony A7RIII Focus issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
McT65 New Member • Posts: 13
Sony A7RIII Focus issue

I have an A7Riii that my brother gave me to try as he has got out of photography. I’ve been trying it for a few months before deciding if I want to get any more lenses for it. My usual camera is a Nikon Z6ii which I have a few lenses for.

The only lens I have for the A7riii is the Zeiss 24-70 f4, which seems pretty good even on. 42mp body, but I’ve got an intermittent focus issue. The focus will lock out of focus and I need to unmount the lens and remount to fix it and while the camera is turned on. Turning the camera off and on doesn’t resolve it, nor does unmounting the lens while the cameras is off. This can happen when I first turn the camera on or after I’ve been using it for a while. My guess is it is a communication issue between the lens and camera but is it a camera fault or lens fault?

I haven’t got another lens I can try as I’m just trialling the camera before deciding whether to use it more, in which case I’d get the lenses I need then.

Most of the time the focus is fine and it has only started after about two months since I got it. It probably happens now  about once or twice per photography session.

Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow