Strange D5600 Problem

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ant1666 New Member • Posts: 14
Strange D5600 Problem

Hi

I've recently bought a Nikon D5600 and I've discovered that it had a very strange problem, and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to fix it, or has experienced something similar:

When I enter the menu item for 'Info' it gives me the option for setting the LCD information display format in classic or graphic, together with the option to set it differently for PASM and auto modes. Unfortunately, it's not working. I just permanently shows me the first classic option and will not change no matter what camera mode I'm in.

The strange thing is that it works as it should when there's no lens attached to the camera, but as soon as I attach a lens the camera just 'locks' the display to classic mode and I can't change it. I've tried three lenses - all Nikon, but older DX G lenses - and it's the same with all three of them. I find it hard to believe that this basic function requires a new lens, particularly when the camera works perfectly with no lens.

I bought the camera from a respectable used camera gear site and it was listed as new with only 2000 shutter actuations, and that's how it arrived, it's in mint condition and apart from the above issue works perfectly.

I've updated the firmware to the latest and also the lens distortion version. I've also put it back to the original and re-updated it again, but nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Ant1666's gear list:Ant1666's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D3100 Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +4 more
Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow