C1 vs Dxo vs LumNeo vs Topaz Pai ... started from scratch

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TechnologistdotLive Regular Member • Posts: 242
C1 vs Dxo vs LumNeo vs Topaz Pai ... started from scratch

Uninstalled Capture One relatively quickly due to low performance.

Like Topaz Photo AI but it doesn't do enough and is a bit slow.

Luminar Neo, well I wanted to like it and the add on features like HDR seem nice but I didn't have success, i.e., hdr pictures always came out too noisy, and then looked over processed by the ai modules and hard to get good colors. The noise and sharpen ai modules seemed not quite up to par. No compare either. I found it hard to get just basic RAW editing done without knowing the program. I found it the hardest to use of all these, to get good output, though individual adjustments and features were generally easy to use.

DxO PL6 exports slow and until you do the export can't see full noise reduction. On some photos did as well as Topaz when using dprime hd. On higher iso photos at dusk from rx100 dprime hd does great work. Visibly better than just prime or dprime. Very hard to do simple changes and see results due to limited window preview but it does help with usability and perhaps it will be better with use.

Anyway, keeping DxO, and getting rid of the rest.

Have also been using faststone, it's got some nice comparison capabilities.

Also use the free editors supplied by Nikon and Sony, and Nikon's is much better.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow