Color calibrating a laptop display - any compatibility issues?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EG516 Forum Member • Posts: 51
Color calibrating a laptop display - any compatibility issues?

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to buy a laptop for on-the-go Photoshop and Lightroom for photo editing only with no video editing. I have a desktop at home that I think I can squeeze a couple of more years from. I've identified a number of models with the specs I'd like for the budget I'd prefer - up to $2500 USD - with displays that are either close to or at 100% Adobe RGB. I'm very picky about the keyboards and key travel, so unfortunately the Dell XPS and the Microsoft Surface Laptops are probably not an option, but there are some Lenovos and Asus's that I'm considering.

The thing I haven't been able to get clear on is the extent to which there are compatibility issues between laptop displays and colorimeters?  I made the mistake of trying to call one of the manufacturers directly (Acer) and their response was, "We can't tell you that because you haven't bought it yet." I also don't yet  have a colorimeter but am definitely needing one for my desktop monitor anyway. So I can buy a colorimeter that's also compatible with the laptop. I went to the Spyder website but there didn't seem to be specific info about either calibrator or laptop models.

My bottom line question: is this a real concern? if so, where do I go to find out this kind of information?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow