Thoughts about the OM-5…

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Julian Kirkness
Julian Kirkness Regular Member • Posts: 352
Thoughts about the OM-5…

My new OM-5 arrived today - bought it on Friday with a Black Friday discount!

It seems exactly the same as the E-M5 iii I had until a year or so ago - but has the smarts of the E-M1 iii (which I also have). What’s not to like?

For me this camera line is the one which captures the Olympus DNA best, small, light and versatile.  Of course it will take the same photos as pretty much any other modern camera, apart from the unique features like Live ND and Live Composite.

I have been tempted by Full Frame 3 times over the past 7 or 8 years (canon 5D iii, Sony A7ii then Nikon Z5). All far too bulky and heavy and missing so many features and although I accept that the image quality is a bit better, the 20mp M43 is good enough for me.

Let’s just hope that OMDS are in this for the duration and continue to innovate!

-- hide signature --

Julian Kirkness

Julian Kirkness's gear list:Julian Kirkness's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus E-M1 III OM System OM-5 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +4 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow