I wish Pentax gave us a roadmap for cameras

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 287
I wish Pentax gave us a roadmap for cameras

I'm considering a second/backup camera from Pentax. Either a used K3iii/K1ii or a new KF. Or maybe I'll wait till the price drops on them and buy new.. However the lack of knowledge about next developments from Pentax is preventing me from making a move that I might regret later.

Their marketing strategy is weird, first they develop the K3iii and tease it for two years before it's finally released. Then they release the KF practically without warning.

I'd like to know what's next. For example if they plan on releasing something similar to the KP, I'd rather wait for it than buy a camera now. Also, if the K1 is to be updated, I'd like to know how big an update it's going to be, and the expected features. It would make a difference if they plan on just minor upgrades, or perhaps a smaller body, or maybe they are going to take the technology from K3iii and put it in the K1 with a matching (very high) price tag? Hard to plan if we don't know anything

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +6 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow