Pentax K1 II vs Nikon D850

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peace_VN
Peace_VN Regular Member • Posts: 313
Pentax K1 II vs Nikon D850

Dear all

I tried to look around for previous chats on this but I can find only K1 vs D850 so I made this topic to ask.

I was thinking to get an MF - but then for my current need or skill, I believe I will be happy with an ff for a while. I shoot mostly natural things, landscapes, and birds.

I tried the mirrorless system and I have to say nothing wrong with the picture quality but I just don't enjoy using it. So I go back to find a DSLR. I see D850 is well-known and well-rated (DXO and a few other places). But, a pentaxian reminds me that k1 is worth looking into.

I currently have D500 + 150-600mm for birds and am happy with it. I also have the 17-55mm 2.8 as it comes from the previous owner but I have no intention to keep it long. I have K70, I got it long ago when it was introduced with a kit lens Pentax-DA 18-135mm. I have a few other Pentax lenses but not a high-end one.

I plan to keep D500 for birds and get a camera for landscape. What do you think about Pentax K1 II vs Nikon D850? it may sound silly to have to cameras from two brands in the bag but I would not have any common lens to share between them.

Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow