I bought an R7 on Black Friday

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,565
I bought an R7 on Black Friday

I didn't get any kind of discount, nor did I expect one, but on Friday I went down to my local camera store (Murphy's Camera, Louisville KY) and traded a RP and its kit lens) for an R7 body.  I still have another RP, so I didn't need the second one, and thought I would get an R7.  I can offer no insights on the R7 as of yet, but a couple of observations really stand out: 1) IBIS is the real deal.  I won't buy another camera without it.  I can shoot my 17-40 f4.0 down to 1/13 of a second and get sharp pictures.  Same with the RF 50 1.8. 2) eye control focus is spooky good, both for people and dogs.  Locks on every time, instantly.  3) FINALLY! Silent shooting is enabled without being limited to full auto, like in the RP.  I have set up the ISO button to toggle silent shooting. 4) auto leveling is COOL!

I tried to make the camera look as bad as I could by shooting with an EF-S 18-55 kit lens off my daughter's T7.  Below are the results.  Yeah, not bad!

Another one of the dog.  Eye control picked the eye on the right.  The dog is increasingly skeptical of this whole photography thing.

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R7 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +9 more
Canon EOS R7 Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow