Glossy Paper for ET-8550 that I can print on back of?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Houle New Member • Posts: 23
Glossy Paper for ET-8550 that I can print on back of?

Hi,  I have a box of Red River Pecos River Gloss which Red River claims is not compatible with my Epson ET-8550 and I can confirm that is the case because prints come out with black splotches on the edge like

One think I like about the Pecos River Gloss is that the back side is plain paper because the prints I make all have something on the back to document the print,  for instance,

I am looking for a glossy paper that works with the ET-8550 where I can print on the back,  preferably with a color management profile.  I like the plain paper back but I could also accept paper where both sides are glossy or a slightly weird surface where the paper can accept a limited amount of ink and doesn't give problems if I don't get too dark (the back has the requirement that the contrast is good enough to read the QR code)

Any suggestions?

I sometimes make prints that I cut down to size and I'm wondering if I can go ahead using this paper so long as I cut away the splotches.  What concerns me though is if some of the wayward ink is going to stick around in the printer and make a mess of my next print.  Should I be worried about this?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow