The K3 III in the comparison tool

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,059
The K3 III in the comparison tool

Hello

I need your help to understand this:

In the DP Studio scene comparison tool I looked at the K3 III ISO 100 RAW file and did download it. Than I opened it in LR :

My LR has a default sharpness amount of 25, but now it use 0 !!!

with my EXIF tool I find in the XMP exact this : sharpness = 0 , SharpenDetail= 0, SharpenRadius=0.5

This picture above look's like what I see in the comparison tool window.

when I delete this XMP in my downloaded RAW file all is ok in LR:

my LR use now the default sharpness amount of 25 (and also it's defaults for SharpenRadius= 1 and SharpenDetail = 25) and even the embedded color profile

so, the numbers look's better now and also the colors.

Now I did download the Nikon Z9 RAW file in this comparison tool. I can not look at this RAW file with my LR version, but my EXIF tool show me in the XMP: sharpness =40, SharpenDetail = 25, SharpenRadius=2. Now this can be an read out error of my EXIF tool...or the XMP use really a sharpness of 40 (instead a sharpness = 0 as for the K3 III and also for a K1, K1 II and so on)

When you open this Z9 file with your LR or with an other RAW converter, is the sharpness amount really set to 40 ?

I ask you, because I simply will know if this comparison tool use via the XMP different sharpness settings.

best regards KPM2

Nikon Z9 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow