Videographers Camera Support Vest used for Stills Photography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Loaned Light Regular Member • Posts: 164
Videographers Camera Support Vest used for Stills Photography

I am looking into methods to improve my situation for transporting equipment in to the field for Nature Photography.
At present I have a Rucksack and Monopod, this suits as the Load can be rested in line with the Spine and the weight is evenly taken up by the body.

This is better for me than a Tripod as a offset load will aggravate arthritic knee joints.
Carrying a Computer Shoulder Bag is enough to aggravate the condition at the Winter Period.

I am a walker with equipment very rarely Plotting Up. I can quite easily cover 4-8miles through open land and woodland during a walk out.
As a protective measure, I always have a supersized lightweight weatherproof jacket with me, to be used as a cover all for all the equipment and give a reasonable weather protection to get back to the dry if the worse of the wet weather comes through.

I recently see a Videographers Vest with the Spring Loaded Arm and could not help but feel, this as a Method was a worthwhile investigation to be used as an alternative means of Camera Support, to be used in place or in conjunction with the Monopod/Tripod Support.

Is there any forum members who are using this at times or permanently for Stills Photography?

Any info' offered will be appreciated.

I am keen to be informed of any feedback that can be offered from users this type of mounting ancillary, especially for learning where the impediments of the use may occur when attempting to capture wildlife subjects.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow