Travel and gear advice for an upcoming trip

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nonicks Senior Member • Posts: 1,151
Travel and gear advice for an upcoming trip

I am planning to visit Barcelona, Paris and London early summer next year ( first time to those cities). I probably will spend 4-5 days in each stop and I am thinking to just bring the Q2 with me.

My main goals are visiting places as a first-timer, having great food (does not have to be expensive tho), taking some travel pictures ( some good ones if possible LOL) and enjoy the time with my wife.

The London part of the trip is easy. We will just buy the London pass and visit the attractions by using the hop-on-hop-off bus tour. We probably will join a local day tour for Stonehenge, bath and Windsor castle.

The Paris part will be quite typical too. Besides of the must-go sites in the city, we plan to go on a couple day trips to Mont Saint Michel Abbey and Champagne for tasting. If time allows, we may also want to spend sometime in Provence..

For Barcelona, again, a typical tourist itinerary which will include the famous landmarks, and maybe a guided tour to learn some history. The photography E-bike tour sounds fun too.

I wonder if my plan of taking only the Q2 with me is good enough. Picture taking will be part of the trip, but it won't be the top priority. Also pickpocket in Barcelona is a concern. So bringing a set of M lenses and an M body seems not particularly appealing.

What other camera/ lens options will you suggest besides of using my cell phone? Any place you will advise to visit? Any safety warning and tips you can share?

Thank you very much for your advice in advance!

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10-R Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
i8z
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow