About ready to push the send it to me button, am I going to be sorry?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bob A L Veteran Member • Posts: 6,668
About ready to push the send it to me button, am I going to be sorry?

Hand has been hovering over the button all afternoon for an Zfc and still wondering if I'll regret it.  Long time user and fan of ovf slr and dslr cameras and went through one full year of maddening attempt to go mirrorless with a Sony A6000 before sticking it in the back drawer and going back to dslr's. But absolutely love the design of the Zfc and want it bad. Intend on using all of my Nikon lenses with FTZ adapter, but am worried about not liking the efv lag which drove me crazy with the Sony. It seemed snappy in the store, but once I got out in the real world where my subjects didn't stand still everything went downhill thereafter. I also have point and shoots and bridge cameras with efv's and know they can't hold a candle to my dslr's when it comes to moving subjects. Also, I have never had good luck analyzing a scene in reference to exposure through an evf. Things just don't look real some how. I have several different uses for my cameras that involve fairly fast action and fast panning which is where the Sony let me down with the blur as I panned with fast action on top of not getting the exposure where I wanted it.

So what's the good (or bad) words of wisdom to me here. Jump in and try again, or just forget it and walk away with my dslr's in hand and have a ball taking photos?

Nikon Z fc Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow