Building out a zoom line-up

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
unhappymeal Senior Member • Posts: 2,552
Building out a zoom line-up

Hey all,

I'm back in Sony land after a brief stint with an S5 to supplement my m4/3 kit. Building out my primes in Sony land has actually been pretty easy. Grab three Samyang Tinies for when you want small/cheap, then supplement with f/1.4 or f/1.8 primes in a few focal lengths that I like.

However, I'm struggling to sort out what to do with zooms. The choices are kinda staggering. At first I thought "Tamron f/2.8 holy trinity and done". Then I looked back at what I shot most of my vacation with: a super zoom and some primes. So then I thought the 28-200 and done. However, now Tamron has the 50-400. That's a really versatile lens for landscape, fauna and some wildlife. So, I was thinking an ultra-wide prime or zoom and the 50-400. The flip side is the size is close to double the 28-200.

I don't shoot professionally, just for my own enjoyment, so absolute best quality is not a must.

Anyone else worked through this?

Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow