Returning to photography after 10 year absence + upgrading from Rebel t3i

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NaturesTemple New Member • Posts: 1
Returning to photography after 10 year absence + upgrading from Rebel t3i

Hi everyone,

So glad I found this forum. I really appreciate all the great advice here.

Ten years ago, I used to be a hobbyist photographer. I mostly did nature landscapes, wildlife, and LOTS of hiking shoots with my partner + friends. I really enjoy taking photos of people rock climbing, hiking, camping, etc. Just humans in nature.

Back then I used a Rebel t3i with the 18-55mm E-series kit lens, the 200mm zoom lens that comes with the t3i package, and a Nifty 50 (prime lens). I was always disappointed with the huge amount of blurry photos I got; it seemed like none of these lenses were any good at low-light scenery like the redwood forests where I live.

I sold my Rebel + gear many years ago when I went off to school, but now I want to get back into the hobby. My budget is about $1200, and I want to do the same thing I used to do: nature photography!

Would you please recommend a camera and a lens for me?

• Should I go mirrorless or stick with DSLR? I'm primarily concerned with getting very sharp, detailed shots, but I occasionally want to do nice portraits with a lot of boke
  • Should I spend more on the camera body or the lens?

Thanks everyone!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow