EXIF data for Pbase with PSCS RAW

Started Nov 15, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Diane B Forum Pro • Posts: 20,700
EXIF data for Pbase with PSCS RAW

I don't think I've ever cross posted before, but I'm hoping someone here or on the retouching forum can set me straight. Here's the situation:

Something I've had no problem with in the past, but so far I haven't found a 'preference' or setting to preserve the basic EXIF data to be passed along with an image file and show up in Pbase when I convert a Canon RAW with the PSCS. I normally convert, process, change to 8bit, save, resize, USM, use my frame action, convert to sRGB, save as jpeg and my EXIF data is always present (except for the lens) in Pbase. I've tried a variety of methods and I lose it in all cases. However, converting the same RAW file with C1LE and doing exacty the same--the EXIF data shows up on Pbase. SO--I know the problem is with the PSCS RAW converter--and obviously a setting.

I've read and reread about the .xmp files--but am not sure if they are referring to the EXIF data or the settings that you apply during the conversion. Can anyone set me straight about this LOL??

-- hide signature --

Diane B
http://www.pbase.com/picnic/galleries
B/W lover, but color is seducing me

Diane B's gear list:Diane B's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Apple iPhone XS Max +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow