D7000 to a New Mirrorless?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J robinson New Member • Posts: 2
D7000 to a New Mirrorless?

Hello, I have been consuming DPReview content relentlessly for the last month.  I have an itch to upgrade my current setup.  I have a D7000 with the Nikkor AF-S 70-300 and DX 18-140mm Kit Lens.  This setup has served me well for the past 8 years, but I am ready for something new.

I am looking for something with good autofocus abilities as well as low light performance.  The two main settings that I take photos in are my kids outdoor sporting events and indoor family gatherings.    Again, I currently have a D7000 so, I am not sure if all modern mirrorless cameras are leaps and bounds better in these categories, or am I just going to notice marginal benefits.

I also don't care too much to spend much time editing RAW images, I prefer to just stick with jpegs.  So that is making me lean towards the Fujifilm line, it seems they are the leaders in jpeg image quality.  I also am intrigued by Sony's highly touted autofocus.

All used pricing, but here are some options I have seen that fit my budget.  Used, decent kit lens, and <$1,000

Sony A6600, A6400, A7III

Fuji X-S10 X-T30, X-T30II

I have a line on a lightly used Fujifilm X-S10 with Fuji 18-55mm Kit Lens for $800, Bet then I still would want a 300mm telezoom which would probably be $400+

Another route would be to try and find a Nikon Z5 and a FTZ adapter, so I could get some bargains on older glass.

There are just so many options, and I am not tied to any one platform, that I don't know how to narrow down my search.

Any and all advice is welcome! What would you do?

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow