Early morning hike with cool grass D610

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 14,117
Early morning hike with cool grass D610

I went to an Open Space that you've seen before.  I sure have, I've been hiking and practicing with multiple cameras here for years, throughout the year

This was a "the snow has finally melted and it's kinda warm so let's hike" hike.  I wanted to give my D610/24-85 G a break from just sitting in my car

This whole area gets really overgrown in the summer--it's beautiful and green and all but the brown grasses of winter have their own beauty

Very early sunrise light

You never know when this reddish tint is going to appear, it will just pop up out of nowhere it seems

Typically, when I spot a raptor in a tree and raise my camera to my eye, it's like his taking off is tied directly to the pushing of my shutter.  Notice the bird, raise camera, start to push the shutter and they're gone

I was able to take two pics of this guy within 3 seconds of seeing him, the first one has his wings just starting to flap and this one (cropped bigtime)

This guy has been covered in snow the past month

I heard voices right next to me.  Maybe behind me.  I looked all around, where are they?  Oh yeah, trail runners waaaay over there

A guy just has to take his time and notice everything.  The play of light and shadow, sunlight filtering through the tallish grasses, photo ops were everywhere.  The sun was still low on the horizon, I took a bunch of pics like the next one wondering if I was getting anything

I knew this next one was gonna come out just fine

I took off right through the field that is not walkable in the summer but in some areas now the grasses were laid over, almost like a herd of deer had bedded down there for the night

As seen looking east into the sunrise, some of the backlit grasses were alive with color

As I was leaving, the trails were filling up with runners and all other paths had hikers working off some of their Thanksgiving meals--as I had been

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow