HOW FAR DENOISING AND SHARPENING SOFTWARE HAS COME IN FIVE YEARS

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
beesternikon Regular Member • Posts: 100
HOW FAR DENOISING AND SHARPENING SOFTWARE HAS COME IN FIVE YEARS

I recently purchased DXO Photolab 6, after being a user of DXO11, then DXO Photolab 4. I was just going through some older photos that I took and processed using DXO 11 in 2017 to see what the latest software could do insofar as reducing noise and sharpening. I found an April 2017 RAW photo that I took of elk in the Seattle, WA area at 7:39PM using my Nikon D500 with my Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G AF-S VR NIKKOR ED Lens. Needless to say there was very little light at that time. I found a jpf of that RAW image file which I had processed using  DXO11 software to correct any camera/lens deficiencies, then followed up with Adobe Camera Raw (auto) to quickly correct the image, which I saved as a jpg. Today, I took that 2017 RAW file and ran it through Photolab 6 using Deeprime XL noise removal, then followed up with Adobe Camera Raw (auto), then I used Topaz AI Sharpen software (Motion blur - very noisy module) to compare the results. All I can say is the software has come a long way. Attached is a screenshot of the two jpgs.

beesternikon's gear list:beesternikon's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +4 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow