Finally upgrade to Fullframe - advise

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MVDH
MVDH Senior Member • Posts: 1,270
Finally upgrade to Fullframe - advise

So.. after long time it seems I´m finaly coming to a point to upgrade from APS-C to Full frame. I´m deciding beteen A7R III and A7 IV.

I´m coming from Sony A6500, and I´m looking for more resolution, better low light performance and more dynamic range.

I´m looking in the EUR 2000,- price range for the camera alone. I do mainly landscape and low light photograhy (night sky, and long exposures in low light). I don´t need fastest AF or 60+ MPixels which would force me a computer upgrade as well..

Prices of A7R III have come down significantely which brings the camera in my reach. I´m leaning to A7R III. Only reason I´d maybe consider A7 IV is low light performance, slightly larger pixels, newer sensor and flip out screen.

What would be your pick of the two and why? Any experience of low light performance between the 2?

Current prices in my country are A7R III EUR 1900 and A7 IV EUR 2400.

MVDH's gear list:MVDH's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 20mm F1.8G
Sony a6500 Sony a7 Sony a7R IIIA
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow