Vintage Lenses For D850

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 6,391
Vintage Lenses For D850

You know, I did not have the honor of doing photography when all these vintage lenses were being used back in the days, so I'm not familiar with what I can and should get if I was to get a D850. I would like to start exploring this world before I die hahaha! and I want to improve my photography skills

FYI, I have a back injury so I would like to know what light and compact vintage lenses are out there that I can mount on a D850 with an adapter. I ran across some information regarding Mamiya Sekor lenses that produce some really nice vintage look on certain cameras and the lenses are really light. But throw at me whatever you can think of either way. I have also heard of Mitakon lenses that are pretty good but they are very heavy, and is okay I just want to learn what options are out there.

My budget is under $300 per lens. The less it costs the better.

What can you guys recommend by experience, and would it be possible for you to share a sample, mainly portrait photos of a person to take a look at how it looks?

Thank you will really appreciate it.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm GFX 50S +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow