Should I switch or should I not....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CP6NH New Member • Posts: 15
Should I switch or should I not....

Hi there,

After 16 years of shooting with FF Canon dSLR cameras, I am switching to either Canon mirrorless or Fuji. I am leaning toward Fuji, mainly because of the cost. I'd like to get the R5, but that's almost $4K. For that money, I can get a Fuji body (X-T5 or X-H2) with two good lenses and other accessories. None of these are FF bodies, like the R5, which brings me to my first question:

- Among you who at some point shot FF dSLR, what do you miss about FF, if anything? Any regrets that relate to image quality? Should I just stay with Canon and get the R5 or R6?

And this that follows is for you Fuji users; I do mainly photography, so that is my #1 concern. Video is important, but is secondary. As for the type of photography I do, it's documentary, portraiture, and landscapes.

It's come down to X-T5 vs X-H2. I would choose the X-H2 for its superior video capabilities. In a way, I am future-proofing here. 8K will have a longer shelf life than 4K. What's stopping me? The X-H2 is a fatter and heavier camera that costs $300 more. I'll swallow all of this if someone can tell me why I should get the X-H2 instead.

Thanks a ton to all!

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm X-T5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow