ISO AUTO Min. SS not working correctly (Sony A1)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlgernonX New Member • Posts: 1
ISO AUTO Min. SS not working correctly (Sony A1)

Hi,

I am setting up my new Sony A1 (firmware 1.31) and just tested the ISO Auto Min. SS functionality. It does not work as intended, so I would kindly ask you for your help so I can figure out if there is something I am missing or this is a bug. I know this has been covered in other threads but I found none relevant.

Before we continue, let's get all the obvious requirements out of the way: Yes, I am testing in A or P mode and ISO is set to AUTO. ISO range limit is set between 100 and 25600 ISO.

Whatever shutter speed I have set, the camera tries not to go below it until it reaches the maximum ISO allowed. However, in all cases the maximum ISO set by the camera is 12800 and not the 25600 mentioned above. What is more, in a couple of cases the camera did not want to go higher than 3200 ISO even though the shutter speed was much lower than the one I set in the ISO Min. SS

This could very well be some glitch / bug, but maybe you know of some other setting that may trigger this erratic behaviour? Thank you very much in advance.

Giacomo

Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow