My Old Stomping Grounds

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Red Barchetta
Red Barchetta Forum Pro • Posts: 10,002
My Old Stomping Grounds

Yesterday I was back where I used to live and decided to ride the bike over to my old stomping grounds, an old gold course left to the birds as an unintended sanctuary. (Someday I'll get out when the light is optimal.)

First off, some black-bellied whistling ducks. Sorry you can't see their bellies.

A couple of turtles on the creek bank. I'm unsure of the ID, but they could be red-bellied turtles, maybe chicken turtles. Those things are so skittish, it's unbelievable. If they see you from 30 meters away, they shoot into the water, evvvvvry time!

An American kestrel that I spotted perched on an old dead treetop. He must've liked me because he put on a show by fanning out his tail feathers. they're usually very skittish but not this one, not this time anyway. I love these little raptors, they're so beautiful.

-- hide signature --

-- Wisdom teaches us that none but birds should go out early, and that not even birds should do it unless they are out of worms.
- Mark Twain

Red Barchetta's gear list:Red Barchetta's gear list
Canon EOS R7 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow