Switching from Fuji to Full Frame - Advice?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jdominh Forum Member • Posts: 51
Switching from Fuji to Full Frame - Advice?

Hi guys,

Im looking to switch from Fuji APS-C to Full Frame (well not entirely because I'll probably use adapted EF or F lenses and keep the Fuji bodies because I like the colors for personal photography). I shoot mostly in events (high ISO) and I want to maximise resolution (+crop-ability) and dynamic range for prints for portrait/fashion, hence the need for an upgrade mostly. I am not sure I will see THAT much of a difference upgrading but essentially I need advice on what system to invest in that would make the upgrade as worthy and obvious as possible.

For the moment Canon/Nikon have my preference, followed by Sony and Panasonic. Somehow Sony FF seems to have quite poor high ISO performance in the FF world and marginally better than Fuji? I want to avoid using Topaz Denoise or DxO Prime as much as possible.

I have summarized below the pros/cons of each system (and preferred camera) according to my personal research but please advise on any personal experience or recommendations on points I might have missed?

Thank you very much for your help!

Canon (R5):

Pros: great selection of lenses in EF, great autofocus, good video capacities, great high ISO performance

Cons: most expensive system, no third party options for RF

Nikon (Z7II):

Pros: reasonable price, great selection of F lenses, better Dynamic range (cameras with ISO 64), great high ISO performance

Cons: not the best video features, autofocus not on par with top performers, no fully articulated screen, no third party options for Z (except for Viltrox)

Sony (A7R5):

Pros: highest resolution, great selection of lenses for FE with large third party support, best in class autofocus

Cons: comparatively poor high ISO performance for FF, slower sensor readout for video, cannot adapt E lenses to my personal Fuji bodies lineup

Panasonic (S1R/S5)

Pros: best value and comparatively cheap, great video features, good high ISO performance

Cons: worst AF out of the group with only DfD contrast based technology so far (heard phase detection is coming next year) and cannot adapt L lenses to my personal Fuji bodies lineup

Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Smaug01
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow