A7RV good enough for hybrid shooting

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gillesC Regular Member • Posts: 149
A7RV good enough for hybrid shooting

Hi folks

I mainly shoot still but currently limited by my XT2 which is not convenient to switch between stills and video.

After a several months  long quest, I’ve finally settled on an a7iv or a7rv but still struggling to make up my mind between the 2.

On the video side, the differences are not that major but I’m a bit worried that the line-skipping on the a7rV would degrade quality too much. According to Gerald Undone review it doesn’t seem to be the case but I was looking for an unbiased opinion.

Also how difficult to handle are the 60Mpx file ? I have a 2017 iMac 4.2Ghz quad core i7.

I have never owned a camera so expensive and wonder if for street photography, I won’t be sh.tting myself. But I’m the only one to be able to answer that one 😁

gillesC's gear list:gillesC's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow