D7200 to mirrorless

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kevinbuckley70 Regular Member • Posts: 112
D7200 to mirrorless

Following-on from my earlier thread, I have a D7200 and a wide range of Nikon, Sigma and Samyang DX lenses.

The D7200 is a bit long in the tooth, so it seemed that a D500 might be a good upgrade. But I found it's discontinued and quite hard to get new now.

Some have suggested looking at the Z-series. But the information, in the context of my decision process, is quite confusing.

So what would be the 'best' Z-series body to use with my DX lens collection? Primarily I take images not videos. But sometimes I take videos.

Is the Z-series (Z50?) not even worth considering, compared with, for example, getting a used D500? Or seeking out a new D500 whilst I still can?

I also have 2 x D90's which I use for various things with the same set of lenses. So keeping the same lenses, rather than swapping the whole kit bag for something else, is a key factor.

Any opinions are really appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5 Nikon D50 Nikon D500 Nikon D7200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow