X-T20 and 18-55mm F2.8-4 question

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Fred_Last Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: X-T20 and 18-55mm F2.8-4 question

villebon wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. That should have read:

With the camera's mode dial set on "A" and the lens also set on "A", using the rear wheel (main command dial), I can close down the aperture from F2.8 to F10 only. I cannot reach F11, F16 nor F22. Is this normal?

I have an X-T30 which should have similar operations as the X-T20. I did what you described with the XF 18-55 and change the aperture with the front dial - I can get above f10 to all smaller settings up to f22. (NOTE: I customized the front wheel to change aperture instead of the rear wheel, but this is irrelevant to your problem)

Do you have some customized user settings that may affect the smallest (size-wise) aperture allowed in some unexpected ways??

When you set the switch on the lens to <aperture sign> instead of <A>, can you manually set the aperture up to f22?

You should also do a test by setting the SS very slow +/- high ISO in a bright area, to see if you can force the camera to set a small aperture (hopefully smaller (size-wise) than f10).

Other housekeeping includes updating your camera and lens firmware, and resetting your camera ("if everything fails, do a system reboot")

I guess if the above work, the lens aperture works. Then I dunno why you cannot use your camera to set a small (size-wise) aperture manually.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow