Advice on Port for SeaFrogs case for Sony 6300

Started Jul 5, 2021 | Questions thread
Barmaglot_07 Contributing Member • Posts: 629
Re: Advice on Port for SeaFrogs case for Sony 6300

GilbertH wrote:

From what i quickly read - the 10-18 is a bit of a lottery to get a good one...

I wouldn't worry about that too much - any difference between samples you'll find pixel-peeping into corners of brick wall shots will be utterly lost in the haze of artifacts introduced by water and dome ports.

The newer 10-20G sounds more interesting for non-diving photography.Are there any reports that it worked in a Sea Frogs housing? (ideally with an existing zoom gear)

None that I have seen.

I did not find it in the lens charts...

I do not believe any manufacturer has it in their charts yet, but you might want to watch this thread: https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70059-sony-11mm-f18-g/

(by the way ... is the outer diameter of the zoom gears identical for Axxx and A6600 housings?!?)

No first hand experience, but seeing as how they sell two different zoom gears for 10-18mm lens, one for A6xxx Salted Line housing, and the other for A6600 housing, I would hazard a guess that they are different.

Barmaglot_07's gear list:Barmaglot_07's gear list
Sony a6300 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow