Best Street lens for A7rv

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DP13Photo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,230
Re: Best Street lens for A7rv

Bonsainz wrote:

Bonsainz wrote:

I am replacing my Leica Q2 with new Rv when they arrive early Dec here in Australia.

Street work is on a small part of my photography life Landscapes, wildlife, macro, portraiture and sport,

my lens kit going to consist of 16 35GM, 24 105g, 851.8, 135gm, and 100 400 gm.

The Leica was great for street work in most cases but no floppy screen was always a problem.

24 105 will be replaced at some time with 24 70gmii.

Im after a fairly compact set up and wonder what people have found with the 35 1.8.

Or is the quality of results from the 35GM far superior for street work?

I welcome comments from people who have tried these or other lens for street wor.

I have made first purchase and got the 16 35GM, used for first time yesterday after purchase, on streets of Melbourne, didn’t find it too heavy and happy with first results,

still 10 days till A7rv arrives and long term will add a 35 prime most likely the GM.

Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know what you decided on.

What a wise choice, with one of the best, if not the best, wide angle zooms available. If you feel so inclined and get a chance, post some pics once you've had a chance to use it.

I posted a chart review of the Tamron 20-40/2.8, along with other wide angle zoom choices, including a few primes this morning from Sony Alpha Blog. I just bought the 20-40/2.8 and you can see the 16-35 GM is clearly better.

-- hide signature --

Dave

DP13Photo's gear list:DP13Photo's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7C Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow