Ouch- new video from Jerred Z shows terrible face/eye tracking results

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobertBetchel
RobertBetchel Regular Member • Posts: 201
Ouch- new video from Jerred Z shows terrible face/eye tracking results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnaKQDMM4lk

To be clear,  I am a veryt happy owner of a X-H2s, and have had no problems with focus.  But my subjects have been mostly static so I have no useful experience with subjects that are moving about while you track them with face/eye autofocus.

This guy has gone through 2 X-H2 bodies and one X-T5 and had the same struggles with each of them. The camera will give him focus confirmations that make you think face/eye detection is working as expected, but the actual hit rate is rather abysmal.

The most shocking part of the video is when he shoots the same shooting sequence with an A74 and it nails every single shot.  If this video accurately represents what Fuji can do when tracking a moving subject via face/eye detect then Fuji is nowhere near the Sony level of focus reliability in this type of scenario.

RobertBetchel's gear list:RobertBetchel's gear list
Fujifilm X-H2S Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R LM WR Tamron 17–70mm F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Fujifilm XF 30mm F2.8 R LM WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow