Carbon tripod similar to Peak Design Travel Tripod but at half the price

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
psartman
psartman Regular Member • Posts: 366
Re: Peak Design Travel Tripod still my go to tripod!

tlinn wrote:

Glad you solved your problem with the PD head, Karl. Of course, the solution is not without its own tradeoffs in terms of cost, size, and weight but it may be the best compromise overall.

The concerns you shared about the Ulanzi Zero-Y knock off were enough to get me to hold off on ordering one. I haven't found anyone else who voluntarily mentions the center column looseness but, when directly questioned, I've had a handful of users confirm the issue. Now that B&H has these for pre-order at $299, I'm going to try one. They're backordered from the factory so maybe the issue will be addressed on the newest copies. If not, I can return it to B&H much easier than to China.

Take a look at the Marsace XT-15 for around $200. I got one, sold my PD and am quite happy. I find it to be more steady, quicker to set up and well- 1/3 the price of the PD.

psartman's gear list:psartman's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow